- Tonight there will be a Fayette Co. Board meeting held by Dr. Bearden. He plans to discuss the cuts that are being requested. Numerous positions throughout the county will be cut. No current programs are to be cut. BMMS will lose 2 teaching positions.
- 8th grade writing test results are in and BMMS scored 15 points above in the County. 1 point below Rising Star MS. BMMS had more “exceeds” than past years. There were 8-9 failures. Results will be sent home with Report Cards on March 20th.
- 8th Grade Party (Andrea Simmons and Angela Newton) – All is the same from last month. After Spring break they plan to proceed with details regarding the party. An email will be sent out requesting volunteers. Sandra Chan to be contacted regarding possible Zumba dance lesson.
- Media Center – (Wendy Caldwell) All going well. Book Fair will be held April 23rd through 27th. Volunteers will be needed.
- Weed Control and Fertilizer – County pays for mowing but the school is in need of fertilizer and weed control. Martha has retained a bid from Aaron’s Lawn Service and Landscaping to provide this service to BMMS. Per bid, approximately 4 visits will be needed and each will cost $200, total of $800. Will take a look at budget and see what category this can be taken from. A discount may be available if advertising is allowed (1 free treatment?) Design needs to be approved by Mrs. P-K if agreed upon by Aaron’s Landscaping. It was motioned by Aly Boyles to go ahead and have 4 treatments of weed control and fertilizer and 2nd by Wendy Caldwell. Voted on and approved. Sprinklers will have to be turned on after treatments.\
- Trees for retiring BMMS teachers was discussed at this time as well. Japanese Maples are available @ $70 each (discount from $140) from Angela Newton (Boy Scout troop). Martha Wilson and Angela Newton to discuss further. Mrs. P-K wants to make sure that visibility is not compromised in the location where these trees are to the planted.
The Bennett's Mill Middle School PTO met on March 14th to discuss the ongoing relationship between the parents, faculty, and staff at BMMS. Please contact on of our amazing PTO Board members for more information on any of the following highlights: